305-763-2214 Brickell - Miami Beach - Miami Shores
305-763-2214 Brickell - Miami Beach - Miami Shores
We are so happy you are joining us. We hope to inspire you and your family. We are confident this will be a wonderful year for ARB. This handbook has been written to describe our program goals, policies, and the details that go into making each lesson as happy and successful. Please study it and keep it for reference.
Mary Brickell Village - 901 South Miami Avenue, #212 Miami Fl 33130
MIAMI BEACH 1935 West Avenue, #204 Miami Beach FL 33139
Miami Shores / Ironside 7520 NE 4th Ct, Miami, FL 33138
Academy Founder and Director: Mrs. Myriam Ayala Frederick
CFO: Jeff Frederick
STAY IN TOUCH
We work hard to make your dance experience organized and fun. Keeping you informed and up-to-date is one of our primary goals. Please make sure we have a correct and active email address on file for you to receive all newsletters and other school information. We encourage you to follow us on Social media and “Like, Share and Comment” @ayalaroyalballet pages to receive updates on school events. We utilize the “Remind App” to share all our news. Please make sure to download it and check for announcements periodically
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ayalaroyalballet Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ayalaroyalballet/
Remind App: https://www.remind.com/join/ayalaroyal
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of regular attendance and the commitment of the student to improve and polish their skills and talents.
• Ballerinas must arrive at the studio 10 minutes before class to warm up and change their shoes. Students more than ten minutes late will be asked to sit and observe.
• Ballerinas are encouraged to make up classes excused absences within the same month, including those missed due to illness, injury, family emergency, or religious holidays. Ballerinas in the children's division can make up to three classes by semester, and they need to be approved by the Academy Director.
• There are no makeup classes for weather-related closures.
• Absence notices should be e-mailed in advance to email@example.com
• Ballerinas are not permitted to leave class early.
• We follow the Miami-Dade School calendar. There’s no prorate or make-up for holidays.
DRESS CODE & DISCIPLINE
ARB requires that each student is appropriately dressed for their class. As this new season starts, the staff will be strictly enforcing this policy. Any student not prepared for class will be asked to sit out and observe. Being prepared is the key to success.
1. Hair pulled back securely and neatly with bobby pins, and hairspray every class, no door knob buns.
2. Absolutely No jewelry, earrings, necklaces or headbands are allowed! (except post earrings)
3. ARB color leotard by level, pink tights, pink ballet
4. Capezio Hanami canvas ballet shoes
5. No talking during class. Kindly raise your hand if you have any questions and wait patiently until the teacher calls on you.
6. Always address the teachers with respect.
Tuition is due by the 1st of each month on auto-pay. Tuition is based on a comprehensive 40-week dance program with the same amount each month regardless if theres a national holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Spring break or if it is a four or 5-week month. Missed lessons are not refunded for any reason; if you were to miss a class, you could always make it up on the same or lower level another day only within the current month the missed class was held. Account statements will not be sent out unless your account is overdue. A 30-day notice is required, along with a termination email, to stop future automatic payment drafts from your account.
After the 3rd of the month, a $40 late fee will be added to your account, and a past due invoice will be distributed to you.
Class availability is on a first-come basis. A $70 uniform, and registration fee is due at sign-up $100 per student, $75 for each additional family member (This fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.)
A newsletter will be emailed and posted on the studio bulletin board. If you do not receive a newsletter via email, please be sure we have a valid email address. You can also view the monthly newsletter on our website www.ayalaroyalballet.com. Please read every newsletter and keep them for further reference, as they will answer many of your questions.
HEALTH / ILLNESS
You are the best judge of your child’s health, and we trust you will not risk the health of our dancers bringing them sick to the studio. However, if in the opinion of the teaching staff, your child is not feeling well, under any circumstance, the student will be allowed in the classroom. We will make sure to inform you immediately and take care of them while you make your way to the studio to take them home.
HURRICANE / INCLEMENT WEATHER CLOSING
If at any time it is necessary to cancel lessons due to bad weather, the ARB website will have closings posted on the home page, and it will also be posted on the Facebook and Instagram pages. We just don’t have enough time to call everyone back. There will be no prorated tuition. There are no scheduled makeup classes for cancellation due to weather.
-We ask parents and students to never interrupt a class in session.
-Only water is allowed inside of the studios.
-No cell phones may be used during class time.
-Students and parents are restricted from contacting teachers by phone, email, text messages, etc. All communication with teachers or the director must go through the ARB office.
-All students must show respect for their teachers at all times. Inappropriate behavior could result in dismissal from the school.
WAITING ROOM CONDUCT
All parents are invited to wait outside. Please remember we are all here for the same reason and that is for nurturing our children's development and the love for dance.
1. Students must wait inside the building to be picked up
2. No student is permitted to leave the building without an adult.
3. All students must use the restroom before they enter class
4. Please try to keep the waiting area as clean as possible due to COVID-19 we will not allow parents to come in the lobby.
5. Only students are allowed in the studio.
6. Please do not interrupt the teacher while the class is in session. If you need to speak to the teacher, please do so before or after class. If necessary, you may make an appointment with the Artistic Director to address any dilemma.
7. We are not responsible for unsupervised children.
Private lessons are highly encouraged and available upon request. If you wish to become one of Ms. Myriam's ALL-STARS, please visit the front desk to schedule a meeting with our Artistic Director, who will guide you on how to achieve excellence in dance. Also, these may be used for extra practice if you have missed several lessons and need to catch up. Enrollment is very limited it goes from $60 - $100 per class
Ayala Royal Ballet has the right to use photos taken during ARB events and classes. If you would like ARB to not use your child's picture please send a letter via certified mail to the studio.
RECITAL & COSTUMES
The customer's payment shall be made 4 months before every Recital. All students will be measured accordingly to fit their beautiful professional tutu. Prices of costumes may vary based on the specifically assigned dance. There is a recital fee of $40. Recital tickets will go on sale at the earliest convenience.
A mandatory general and dress rehearsal will be held before the recital, please note the exact dates will be sent out via email and remind app at the earliest convenience. Accounts must be up to date in order to participate. All students must rehearse all of their numbers at the dress rehearsal or they will not be permitted to perform in the recital. Students must bring their entire costume including tights, make-up, and shoes.
Parents, friends, and relatives are invited to observe class on designated parent observation week. We ask you to please come on time and stay for the entire class. Please check the school calendar for the scheduled dates in the future. If younger siblings attend, please understand that it is often very difficult for them to remain quietly seated for the entire class time. Out of consideration for the teacher, Ballerinas, and other observers please do not bring toys into the classroom and kindly escort the child out into the lobby area if they become unsettled and disruptive to the class.
Inspiring the talent within you!
We strive tirelessly at Ayala Royal Ballet to preserve the protection and cleanliness of our building, as well as the protection of our interiors and the general welfare of our children and their surroundings.
Our greatest hope is to return to our Academy as normal as possible. As we work together towards that goal, we are planning on opening our dancer doors following CDC and Florida state guidelines, regulations, and policies. The safety of our ballerinas and staff is our top priority.
Please see below to learn more about the measures we are implementing for reopening.
We will be offering on-site classes as well as virtual learning! To register for 2020-2021 or to schedule a free trial class call 305-763-2214
IMPLEMENTED MEASURES TO REOPEN:
1. Cleanliness –Our Priority!
- Increased disinfecting practices
- Additional handwashing procedures
2. Limiting Exposure
- Parents are not allowed in the lobby for now
- Shoes stay outside, only ballet shoes are permitted inside
- Swan Social Distancing
- Masks are required to wear during class
3. Train staff
- Training on new policies, procedures, and best practices for staff
- Additional Training as updates become available
4. Health Screenings
– All staff and children will be screened prior to entering the premises.
5. Providing You Peace of Mind
–Prior to returning to our dance academy, all staff members will be tested for COVID-19 its antibodies.
6. Lower Group Sizes as we navigate our new normal.
7. Communication is Key
- Updating our practices as new information about COVID-19 comes out.
- Keeping you consistently informed
8. Virtual Learning Program
- Taking time to feel comfortable
- Virtual learning will be provided until you are ready to return at the same scheduled time
We are always together, never apart. Maybe in distance but never in heart. Though we may not have been together in some time, you were never off our minds or hearts. We cherish our families dearly.
Contact us (305) 763-2214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Ayala Royal Ballet All Rights Reserved